Skip to main content

Wanting More In Singapore

After Australia, we flew into Singapore and didn't spend any time there. We arrived super early in the morning and plopped our bodies down on a couch for a snooze. I thought I was done with sleeping in airports, but alas, we are still humble! Around 6:30, we decided to get up, grab a taxi, and head to the ferries.

We didn't stay in Singapore long because it was more expensive than Batam, Indonesia and we also wanted to cross another country off our list.

After our time in Batam, we stayed in Singapore for one day. I semi-regret not spending enough time because I loved it there!

Everything was so clean, so orderly, and it felt so safe. I mean, if chewing gum is illegal, then it's gotta be safe! And everything was so pretty. There were flowers and plants growing everywhere, even the overpasses. There was a race that was going to happen in a few weeks, so they were preparing the seats, barriers, and everything else.
Once we checked into our hotel, we rested for a bit. I was in the thick of a miserable cold, so I really needed rest since we were flying the next day.

After a few hours, we went around the city, doing a bit of shopping and eating dinner. I couldn't really taste the food but I could tell it was a bit spicy, so that was nice.

Once it was completely dark, we walked around to admire the pretty lights around the city. We walked around the waterfront and then we made our way to the light trees. I don't know the exact name, but I called them Avatar trees. They were these tall tree structures that were lit up with blue lights. It was pretty magical! The trees were great but the best part were the gardens. I thought that the park in Kuala Lumpur was the best, but I was wrong. Singapore takes the cake! After walking around, we took a taxi. We didn't realize that we were an hour off and we didn't get back to our hotel until 11:30ish. Oops!
Singapore, you gem. We didn't spend enough time, but, we will be back. Who knows, maybe we'll end up living there. It's definitely on our list of potential places!