Skip to main content

Room Service And Rest In Batam

Since we were a ferry away from Indonesia, we decided to get away from the expensive Singapore and relax in Batam. It was about an hour away, on boat. We arrived really early in the morning, so we ended up sleeping on a couch in the Singapore airport. Around 6 am, we decided to get a ride to catch our boat. Eventually, we made it to our hotel.

We changed out of our clothes, put on our swimsuits, and headed to the pool. There was a spa conveniently placed right next to the pool, so I decided to treat myself to a manicure and haircut. The humidity was getting to me and I really missed having short hair, so I hacked off a few inches. No big deal.

After that, things started to get pretty bad, health wise. I caught a cold and I was feeling pretty horrible. Alastair took emre to the pool while I stayed in bed to rest. We were heading to Cambodia and I didn't want anything to mess it up for me, especially my health! So, lots of resting, room service, and some weird herbal tea.