Skip to main content

I Found My Spot In Italy

It's nice visiting Rome, but it was more of a "Barcelona appreciation day" for us. Rome is like a dirtier version of Barcelona, but that's just our opinion. However, I did enjoy our stay in Perugia. The Italian countryside is where it's at, not so much the bigger cities. Sure, you get the ruins and the history in Rome, but Italy is much more enjoyable in the quiet little towns. It just feels more authentic!
So I found my place- Lake Como is my jam! I absolutely loved it! The only thing I knew about the place was that George Clooney had a multi-million dollar home alongside the lake. I would if I had the money, it is gorgeous! We stayed in a not so fancy airbnb, which was pretty cold. We just bought our food at the market, mainly bread and snacks, nothing fancy. 
Alastair wanted to get to a point where we could hike, but Google maps couldn't get us to that point. We ended up driving a little less than an hour away, to a small town at the edge of the lake. It was a cute little town with the Italian flair. Very quiet, not a lot of people around. We walked around the lake and found a few spots to relax and skip rocks. It was still chilly, but the sun heated us up a bit. I felt pretty fabulous! I think that was one of our favorite spots, Emre sure loved it! The views were perfect, just gorgeous! 
The next day, we made our way to Venice. I don't know what to say about it. It was more buildings with Italian flair and canals. I was underwhelmed; such a disappointment! Oh well, at least I can say that I've been. We took a boat bus, way cheaper than all the other options. 
We had to drive back to Lake Como because I forgot my jacket. We made good time but had a problem with connection once we got there and struggled to find the person who had our jacket. Somehow, we got a hold of the person through some stranger passing by. The person even waited with Alastair until the person eventually arrived.