Skip to main content

Take Your Child to Work Day


Emre loves coming to visit the Google office. I'm not sure if it is actually because of the office itself or if it is because he gets to spend time with Daddy, so I'll just say it is a bit of both. 

Well, for a long time he was getting excited for our "Take your child to work day" where he would spend will morning with me at the office, playing games, doing activities, etc. Just about every day for a few weeks leading up to it he would ask if we were going to Google. Finally, Emre woke up on the day, sat up in his bed, and said "are we ready?" It was so cute. 


We took the bus to the office, as Emre loves taking the bus, and when we got there Emre got his own Google Ann Arbor shirt. We wanted around, got a balloon animal, got Emre's arm painted with a cool shark (he didn't want his face painted). I had some stuff to get done so Emre spent some time watching Moana but then we ended up doing more activities and even did a little yoga class, which was great. 


Honestly speaking, it was exhausting! Trying to make sure Emre was having a good time first and foremost, and then trying to get some work done was so tiring. My back was shot by the end of it, and that was only lunch time! But what a great time with my son. Definitely something I'll remember for a very long time!