Skip to main content

Half Dome


While the cats away, the mouse can play! Lain went off to Utah and Idaho to visit our new nephew and I took the opportunity to climb half dome with Kip. Actually, the day before I went to Tahoe with Logan and Veronica, which was fun. I spent the night sleeping under the stars at the side of the road close to Chinese Camp on the way to Yosemite. My phone didn't work out there but before I arrived I send the coordinates to Kip, who met me out there at 2 or 3 in the morning after going to a concert in the bay area.



The hike was quite long, I think 17 miles, but it was a lot of fun. At the summit you have to climb up a really steep section, where you hold on to metal cables and navigate up as people are coming down the same route. It gets really congested there, and I didn't have gloves so after hanging on for so long, I could barely feel my fingers. I decided to go on the outside of the cables instead of up the middle so I could get up faster before my fingers fell off.


The view at the summit was amazing. It was a long way down, and you can pretty much sit right on the edge. I get a little nervous at things like that but took some pictures and had a great time!