Skip to main content

Family Time


Since Alastair just started his job and was rather busy, Emre and I joined my parents to head up to Idaho and Utah for some family time. Our newest nephew, Logan, was born, so I wanted to see him! I also thought it would be nice to see his cousins. Lucy and Athena were born the same year and Landon is only 18 months older.


The drive wasn't too bad. I was a little nervous with how much fuss he would give, but he only fussed once, but fell asleep soon after. It was a 12 hour drive to Utah, which wasn't too bad with the stops along the way. It was one of the quietest road trips I've ever been on, due to my mom watching her K drama. Ha!


Since Marcus' house was filled with my parents and a new baby, we stayed with my in-laws. They had just visited a few days before, so Emre was happy to be around them and to play with all their fun toys, especially their farm! Emre was big into farm animals, so playing with cows and pigs was the best for him. It was also nice to get some time to myself. The in-laws watched Emre while I did a little shopping and a haircut. I can see why people want to live close to family. Free babysitting is such a bonus!



This was also the first Sunday where Emre stayed in nursery the WHOLE time with no fuss. All he wanted to do was play with the cars, so they let him, and he had a great time! I was surprised and so happy because it was the first time in a long time that I actually was able to fully immerse myself in the lesson. In all honesty, it was one of the best lessons I have ever listened to.

The last leg of the trip was spent in Idaho. We stayed at Chris and Naty's house and it was so nice to spend time with Athena. She is such a smiley little sweetheart! And Lucy too, such a friendly little one! Emre was a little overwhelmed with them, quite shy. He's a tender little soul. Lucy would grab at the toys that he was playing, or get real close to him, and he would get intimidated. He's not used to sharing. Ha!

My parents are planning to move to Idaho after they retire, so they were looking at houses. It seriously took one day and they made an offer. I guess when you know, you know. And they got the house they wanted! And Marcus and his family just moved there; they will all be living within 15 minutes of each other. So crazy!


We were able to do a few of my favorite Idaho things. It was nice to drive down to Rexburg to see all that has changed since I've been there. The growth is unreal and it makes me so happy. Rexburg will always hold a special place in my heart. Would I consider moving to Idaho? NO! Haha! We ended the Idaho experience by going to Bid Juds, my all time favorite place! Cake sized burgers, the best!