Skip to main content

Yosemite sans Emre



One of the major benefits of living in California is that we are so close to family, which means free babysitting! Alastair and I took advantage one weekend and dropped Emre off at my parent's place. We had never let anyone watch Emre for longer than a few hours, so this was really going to test the waters. He did great! He woke up in the morning and went straight to having fun at Lola's house! 

Alastair and I left pretty early, so we could grab some food at the store and to beat traffic. This was all done in vain because for some reason, the bank put a fraudulent hold on our card and couldn't use it until we sorted it out with the bank. Super frustrating but whatever. I drove all the way to Yosemite, which is HUGE for me because I hate driving and windy roads freaks me out! But I did it! Sweaty palms and all, I did it! 



We made it the park and decided to hike a trail that lead to a lake. Alastair did his research about the destination, promising views of half dome's reflection in the water. When we made it to our destination, we were in shock! The lake was not a lake... but a puddle. We didn't know what to do except laugh. We tried to manipulate our pictures to make it appear like a lake, because that was all we could do. Blame it on the seasonal lakes and rivers. Oh well! 


We drove around Yosemite, played in the river, took a nap cause we were shattered, and eventually headed home. It was a good little Saturday excursion, enough to realize that Emre is more independent than we thought!