Skip to main content

Thanksgiving In California


While Alastair had plans to go on his excursion with Kip, I didn't want to be alone for Thanksgiving, so I peaced out and went to California with Emre. It had been years since I was home for Thanksgiving, 2010, to be exact. So I was excited to see my family and friends.




Emre did so well on the flight to California. This was the first time that I had flown on my own with him, and he did so well! It was a red eye, and I'm so glad we took it. He pretty much slept the whole time. He stirred a bit and I just nursed him back to sleep. It was great! We arrived around 11, almost twelve at night, West coast time. My parents picked us up from the airport and stayed at my Grandma's house. It was the first time she had met Emre. A little before noon, we headed to Fort Bragg. I love that place and wanted to take Emre there.




We went to all my favorite spots. We went to Sea Glass beach, ate chowder bowls and fish and chips, and walked around and looked at the pools. I just love taking my time there and not doing much. We also drove through the redwoods, which I was so happy! I love being amongst the trees, it's a magical place!


Thanksgiving was great. It was a hodgepodge of people; family and friends. My cousin, Jaryn, was there and it was so nice to catch up with her! It seemed like forever since I had seen her last! It was nice to go back to my home ward and to see familiar faces and friends. And of course, I had to eat at Taqueria San Jose! The BEST Mexican food ever! Their salsa bar is the best, it really hasn't changed after all these years! It was also fun to be home and help out with decorating for Christmas. Actually, more like watching my mom decorate. She always starts to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. It was nice to be home for that, since we weren't decorating our own apartment because we were going to go to Utah. It was fun for Emre as well! My mom had these two little Christmas trees and she let him help. We also did a little Black Friday shopping and I was also there for my mom's birthday! It's always nice to go home for the holidays and to participate in family traditions! I also love seeing my parents as grandparents, because they are so amazing! My mom with all her toys and books and my dad with his Donald Duck noise. Emre just loves them!!!


We actually had to stay an extra week because Emre caught a bad cold and had major diarrhea. It was so sad! And I did not want to fly with a baby that was pooping way more than normal! We were away from Alastair a little over three weeks, we sure missed him! But once we were reunited, it was all good again!