Skip to main content

NYC with Kip

The trip started with a night in NYC. I flew out after work. After a long wait for my bag at the airport, I headed into the city to meet up with Kip. He texted me a picture of some guy sitting at a pizza place and I could have sworn it was the exact same pizza place (and only pizza place) that I've eaten at in Manhattan, based on the color of the wall. Well, turns out it was. Random! On the way, while I was waiting for my train, a woman told me I was handsome. Thanks.


We checked in to our hotel. We are trying to pay less so we can do more on this trip, but I didn't expect just how small our room would be. Seriously, the bed just about fit in there, and there was no bathroom, just a sink. After laughing about that for a while, we went out to explore. Our first stop was the Google New York building. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We wandered around for quite a while, played pool, drank sodas and ate some snacks. We even found the roof which had a decent view of the midtown skyline. 


After Google, we walked all over. The goal was to get to Brooklyn Bridge but we just kept walking. We went to One World Trade Center, then the financial district, and before we knew it, we had walked about 10 miles. Tired, we went off to bed.


The next morning, I wore a gorilla suit in Times Square and took a few pictures before heading off to the airport. People were laughing at how ridiculous I looked. I even had four or five people taking pictures of me. I wish they would have wanted pictures with me. That would have been great!