Skip to main content

Copenhagen


Copenhagen was a pleasant surprise. I really loved what I saw. The only downer was that we had to carry our bags everywhere with us since we were heading over to the ferry and couldn't leave them anywhere.


The first stop was the Copenhagen Cathedral, which is famous for having the original Christus statue. It was really cool to see, especially because all of the twelve apostles also had statues on either side of the church. It was a great experience. One I would go back and have again for sure. 


Next up was Nyhavn. I loved all of the colors and the calm water. It was a really fun place just to walk around. I'm a big fan of colorful buildings, so this was great. It was at this point that I thought that I could live in Copenhagen!


Next up was another church: Frederik's Church. This one looked older and more detailed than the one with the Christus, but it was also really cool to see. I didn't realize just how many churches we were visiting. The youth version of me would have been so bored, but I appreciate all of that stuff now. Next up was the little mermaid statue. Waste of time to be honest. Not as special as I'd have hoped.


We then got on the ferry and sailed through the night (17 hours in total) to get to Oslo, Norway. It was fun to be on the ship, with not so fantastic entertainment, terrible wifi, but our room was great, no windows but about twice the size of our room in Manhattan!