Skip to main content

Bahamas Day 2: R&R


Lots of sun, sand, waves, pools, and food for day 2 of the Bahamas! I (Alastair) plan on taking a sailboat out and about, and so after breakfast I went for my sailing lesson: 10 minutes full of new sailing term after new sailing term. I like to think I'm pretty smart: top 10% on the GMAT, accepted into one of the world's best MBA programs, working for Google, ..., but that 10 minute sailing lesson was way over my head. I felt pretty dumb!


Luckily, the sailboat was in use when I came back to give it a go, and so I thought I'd take it easy on an SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard). I had a great time, but struggled more than I thought I would! The good news was that falling off a Paddleboard was almost as fun as standing on one, so either way it was a great time! But thinking back to my failed surfing attempt in Cape Town and then this, I'm more of a mountain man than a beach boy. I'm going to make sure Lain gives Paddleboarding a go tomorrow!


We splashed around in the ocean and the pool with Emre, and he seemed to love tasting his hand while being in the water!

We then headed over to a small, colorful market where they sold some jewelry and a load of souvenir-type stuff, and ended up talking to a lady who owned one of the stores and studied at Dixie State and BYU. She had a restoration pamphlet on display so that is how we got talking. She had even served a mission!


We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the resort's steak house. Emre was a little fussy until Lain got him to sleep, but that's ok!