Skip to main content

A Week in Mountain View


While Laleinia and Emre visited with Lola and Grandpa, I spent the week working from Google's headquarters in Mountain View. Just like during orientation, I was blown away with everything out there. I got to explore a little more than before, seeing other parts of the campus and making use of new perks. Being out in silicon valley once again reminded me of how lucky/blessed I am, and how appreciative I am to be working for Google. It is great to be part of a company that is changing the world and how people interact with it. I've loved every minute so far!

It has also been kind of nice to be away from Laleinia and Emre, but only because it makes me miss them so much. I think being apart every so often helps you to re-evaluate how blessed you are, and makes you appreciate being back together.


Having said that, they did come and visit me for lunch yesterday, along with Lain's mother, Gigi, and Lain's Aunt Cindy. It was really nice to see them all, show them around the Googleplex, and take them for lunch.

I also had lunch with one of my friends that I met in Ghana many years ago. We caught up and chatted about my career. I really value conversations like that, especially with people who know how the business world works! It gave me a lot to think about!