Skip to main content

All Within A Month


February was by far the craziest month ever! Emre was due March 1st and I was anticipating a whopping 10+ chunk of a baby, but he arrived at the end of week 36. He was a good 8 pounder, with minimal chunk due to his length! It was weird, I worked that day and joked with coworkers that it might be the last time they saw me, which turned out to be true!

It's always amazing to me when I stop and think about how everything happens for a reason. I firmly believe that babies know when they are ready to enter this world, and I guess Emre knew when he needed to arrive. I'm so glad that he came when he did! About 2 weeks before Emre came, Alastair applied for a job with Google and was advancing in the interview stages. About mid-February, he needed to fly out for an interview, which made me nervous because I was afraid that Alastair would miss the arrival of our first child. So thank heavens Emre arrived two weeks before Alastair had his interview. It all worked out!


And now, we are moving to Michigan for Alastair to start his new job at Google! It was a little hard for me at first because we just had a baby and I was comfortable with our life in Utah. I can't believe that I actually liked living in Utah, because before, I hated Utah. In the beginning, it was all bittersweet; sweet that Alastair got a job with Google....GOOGLE!!! I am beyond proud of my husband! He is so amazing and will do anything to provide a better future for our family. Only 0.2% of applicants get hired, crazy! Sorry, I wanted to brag about my husband, he's seriously the best! This was also bitter because we had to leave all of my comforts and move to Michigan; I was not excited for that. But, Alastair and I had many conversations, we prayed many times, and I now feel really good about this new opportunity for our family. Like I said, everything happens for a reason and sometimes we have to leave our comfort zone for bigger and better things. So, Michigan it is for this family of three!


Plus, isn't he adorable?! Yes, I have bias, but I can't help it, he makes my heart melt! He's already a little over a month old, crazy!!! And, can you see those fierce eyebrows taking shape? They'll get there, don't you worry!