Skip to main content

Future Adventure


Laleinia and I cannot believe how blessed we are. After interviewing last week in New York City, we found out that we were accepted to IESE in Barcelona, Spain! Not only do we feel that the school is the best fit for me, it also happens to be one of the best business schools in the world! In fact, the Economist currently ranks IESE at #5 in their list of top MBA programs. Also, I will be able to earn a bilingual MBA!


But wait, it gets better. I have been accepted into the Young Talent Program, which means that I have been pre-admitted to the program that starts in 2016. I will work for the next two years before going off to Spain. This means that we can earn some money and get immigration sorted out before we leave. I was a little worried about leaving the US for an MBA program while still a permanent resident, since immigration is so tedious. But this way, I will get my citizenship before heading off to school!

Of course, Laleinia is very happy about it all. It is so wonderful to see how happy she is and that she is so proud of her husband! And obviously, she is delighted with the thought of living in Barcelona for two years, as am I. She will spend the time between now and then polishing up on her Spanish in preparation for our future adventure! We are so grateful to God for this opportunity, and it has taught us once again that prayer and hard work really work.


View Alastair McKee's LinkedIn profileView Alastair McKee's profile