Skip to main content

A Very Cheesey Thanksgiving


Mango smoothie, 8 pizzas, mashed potatoes, clam chowder, and cheesecake!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love feasting and being in the company of my family. This year, of course, was exceptionally different. We did have a feast. Instead of the traditional turkey, we had pizza. Instead of my family, we enjoyed the company of our colleagues. Alastair and I are both thankful for a wonderful school who treated us to dinner.
Li and Kim, our liaisons
This Thanksgiving was one of the best Thanksgivings because it helped me to celebrate the true meaning of this holiday. Of course, I'm thankful for my Alastair, family, my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and everything in between. But, I'm especially thankful to have had this experience of living and teaching in China. Today, it hit me like a brick wall that we are leaving in 5 weeks. I well up with tears thinking of leaving so soon. The best thing I can do is enjoy these last few weeks and to leave with no regrets.
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Left: Gail, William, Larry, Li, Kim, and Mr. Jai