Skip to main content

Goals Goals Goals

What do you know about winning? A little bit less than the Triumphant Two, no doubt. Spring 2011 Ward Champion status was part and parcel of the marriage ideals, and the mission was accomplished in mid-July, barely two months after matrimony. 

It was not smooth sailing as Alastair pushed Laleinia to the limits, chipping off the rough edges to leave a perfectly shined diamond. With the hard work being done on the training ground, there was no blood, minimal sweat and zero tears when kick off finally arrived. Lain became a new sensation in front of goal, like a finely tuned bow, ready to shoot the arrow into anyones chest, and kill them instantly.


"I scored a goal" explains Laleinia, "Well, I was playing forward and Alastair was giving me attempts to score a goal, and I attempted a few times but got too excited, and one flew right over the crossbar, and one hit the post. It was very frustrating because I knew I could score a goal, but it just wasn't coming.

"Alastair was on the right wing and he was far ahead and I decided to stay back by the penalty spot because all the defenders were going after Alastair and I was in open space, as usual. As I waited there and called 'Alastair' for the ball, he made it passed the defenders, the ball sailed right towards my feet and it was a one touch hit to the up left corner. The goalie dove for the ball but it slipped past her fingertips and it was in."

It was moments like this that worked in the Seventy-Fifthers favor, as the league was won on the final day.


The deserved duet picked up their prize, Championship T-Shirts, with the wise words "Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion" emblazoned upon their championship winning backs.